Reading list 2013: I’m falling behind.
Posted by Tyler
So last year I was fortunate enough to have time to get a truly stupendous amount of reading done. I rolled into the final hours of 2012 with a hundred notches cut into my reading belt. That was awesome, but I realized early this year that I wasn’t going to be able to repeat the feat.
Nevertheless, I think I’m making decent progress so far:
- Rant: An Oral Biography of Buster Casey. Chuck Palahniuk
- Wheel of Time: The Gathering Storm (#12). Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
- Wheel of Time: The Towers of Midnight (#13). Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
- The Flight of the Iguana. David Quammen
- Wheel of Time: A Memory of Light (#14). Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
- Railsea. China Mieville
- On Basilisk Station
- The Honor of the Queen. David Weber
- The Short Victorious War. David Weber
- Flag of Dishonor. David Weber
- Honor Among Enemies. David Weber
- In Enemy Hands. David Weber
- Echoes of Honor. David Weber
- Ashes of Victory. David Weber
- Captain Vorpatril’s Alliance. Lois McMaster Bujold
- Beyond Dinocalypse. Chuck Wendig
- Connectome: How the Brains Wiring Makes Us Who We Are. Sebestian Seung
- A Confederacy of Dunces. John Kennedy Toole
- The Casual Vacancy. J.K. Rowling
My initial goal this year was 75 (I had honestly thought that I was going to have much more time for reading that I actually do. According to that goal, I should actually have almost 44 books in that list. Oops.
I might still make it, though. My current service with Americorps Cape Cod will be over on August 1st. I have a ton of stories from the past few months to transcribe. I hope to be caught up (or at least close) by move-out day here. I think that that goal is about as attainable as my reading target. After Americorps is done my life is going to get a bit strange, I have a few options for the remainder of the year, including some more fire work, some tree work, and some actual research.